June 2012 Project #2

This project has been mostly finished for about a week. Today I buried the threads and sewed on a quilt label. So, this is project number 2 for June!

20120629-141155.jpg

When I saw this dinosaur fabric at a quilt store that was closing, I knew I had to have it. Unfortunately I have a standing rule that says “don’t buy fabric if you don’t have a plan for it.” So, I came up with a plan on the spot. 😉

I knew I wanted to make the dinos the focus of the quilt, and I knew I needed to have them be in 6″ squares to have all the dinos fit. Luckily enough I found the coordinating green, orange and blue fabric nearby! The four patch was born.

20120629-141622.jpg

I was also lucky enough to find the backing at the same store. I knew I wanted the quilting to go along with the dinosaur theme. I couldn’t figure out how to make dino footprints so I settled on dino teeth. ROAR! I used variegated green thread.

20120629-141850.jpg

I hope my little cousin K loves his roaring dinosaur four patch.

Advertisements
  • November 2017
    S M T W T F S
    « Aug    
     1234
    567891011
    12131415161718
    19202122232425
    2627282930  
  • Archives